- You Can Create Whatever Life You Want So Stop Talking Yourself Out of Your Destiny
- 4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Quit Your Day Job for Your Creative Ventures
- 4 Techniques to Spur Creativity in a Noisy World
- I Escaped a Dead-End Job Thanks to This Incredibly Unsexy Life Principle
Articles I’ve Contributed to:
- CEO Blog Nation – 20 Entrepreneurs Reveal What They Would Attribute To Their Success
- Rewire – Is Your LinkedIn Network Making You Doubt Your Career Success?
- Pagezii – 10 SEO Audit Report Features You Need to Start Using Today
- Carol Roth – Biggest Business Lessons Learned
From My Blog:
- How to Make Money Building Websites Part Time From Home
- 4 Life Lessons I Would Teach My Younger Self
- How to Start a Web Design Business With No Portfolio
- 5 Reasons Why Michael Jackson Was Successful
Back in 2014, after spending years working dead-end jobs and my Liberal Arts degree from JCCC was starting to gather dust, I made the decision to start looking for a new career path that didn’t involve dealing with customers screaming about their salads not being bagged properly.
The sequence of events went like this:
- I turned to the internet to find out how I could make money
- Got duped into signing up for some crummy MLM scheme
- Shared it with all my friends on Facebook
- Got told by all my friends that I was hacked since the messages I was sending them looked spammy
- Made nothing
- Quit the scheme after spending more money than I would have liked
- Felt dejected
- Decided not to give up and kept looking for something to make me money because I was not going to settle for where I was
Lo and behold, after going through that embarrassing ordeal I discovered a new path to success: building websites using WordPress.
My Journey into Online Business
After going through my awful ordeal, I found a much better community that helped lay the proper foundation for my success: Wealthy Affiliate.
As I mentioned, I was 22 at the time, fresh out of college and hungry to learn how to build an online business for myself.
After going through their training along with whatever else I could get my hands on that would teach me affiliate marketing, I began building niche websites.
The first website I ever built was a “fan” site of the show Pretty Little Liars (even though I wasn’t a fan at all and literally knew nothing about the series).
At the time, the show was extremely popular, and I remember stumbling upon the term “Pretty Little Liars Books” while doing keyword research.
So, I bought the domain Pretty-Little-Liars-Books.com.
Awful domain, eh?
I found an archived version of the site here: http://archive.is/9xemq
The site made me a few bucks through promoting PLL merchandise, which was pretty cool, but being the impatient person that I am, I decided to scrap the whole project altogether because I didn’t understand that with niche sites you have to wait for Google to do its thing while also pumping out consistent, well-written content that serves the user’s intent.
$1,000+ Per Month in Passive Income
Eventually, after struggling for years to get things right, my goal to make at least $1,000 per month passively from Amazon came true in July 2020:
My plan is to keep building up my websites and ultimately make $5K+ per month!
How You Can Do This Too
I’m nobody special.
Just ask my wife!
That was a joke, she loves me dearly and the feeling is mutual, but seriously:
I owe all of the success I’ve had both as a web designer, SEO and as a writer for this website to hard work, patience, and not quitting when it got tough.
Oh…and about a dozen sleepless nights trying to get a website built for a client who could not make up their mind on how they wanted their site to look.
But hey, that’s just livin’ the life of a web designer!
If you have any questions or need help with anything, feel free to reach out to me on my contact form and I’ll be happy to help!